Thursday, March 14, 2013

Awesome Amelia

Whenever I meet with clients I talk to them about timelessness, I talk about how I am still learning from photographers who shot 40, 50, 60 years ago. Dorothea Lange, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Nan Goldin, Diane Arbus, Margaret Bourke-White, WeeGee. I still find new meaning in those pictures each time I return to them. And they had no instagram, no vintage filters, no trendy today but cringey tomorrow (Yes, black&white pictures with selective colour I am talking about you). You will live with these pictures, well you should if you like them. They'll be rehung in new offices as you are promoted or packed in metres of bubble wrap before you move house to accomodate your ever expanding family. They need to be timeless. They are here to stay. And while I am no Diane Arbus or Cartier-Bresson I do hope that one day little Amelia and her dad Ben can look back at this picture and fondly remember their awesome dog Malora.

No comments:

Post a Comment