Thursday, March 7, 2013

Heather & James in Wakkerstroom

I first met Heather when I was shooting portraits for the Mail&Guardian's 200 Young South Africans publication last year. We spent over an hour chatting on the roof of her Sandton office surrounded by plants, despite being on the 378th floor or somewhere equally as high, me shooting portraits and her patiently standing and sitting and then standing and sitting (I'm an indecisive perfectionist). Fast forward to her and James's wedding a few weeks ago,I'm second shooting for Dror and she is a little less patient, she just wants to get M-A-R-R-I-E-D. And get married they did. In gorgeous chantilly lace and morning suits. With an old vintage car that gleamed in the sun. With an African choir that brought goosebumps to your skin. And music that rocked and wine that flowed and sky lanterns that (mostly) soared. I was tempted to dance more than once but how can you not move when Paul Simon or Bruce Springsteen are playing?! Wakkerstroom, you'll be seeing a lot more Joburgers in the future I can almost guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment